Trust His Directions
The Pacific Golden Plover is a very interesting bird. Each year they fly over 2000 miles from Alaska to the Hawaiian Islands. Even more interesting is the fact that the elder birds leave the young before they’re able to make the journey. When the young birds are able to make the flight, they join the journey having never made the 2000 mile trip, but somehow they make it. God gives them an instinct that allows them to find the tiny Hawaiian Islands in the vast ocean.
We are all on a journey called life. God has a will and a purpose for the life that He has given each and every one of us. But life is uncertain, the directions can be unclear and uncertainty can make life overwhelming.
However, we do not have to go through life “winging it” or just living by “trial and error”. Living life those ways are certain to prove wreckless. We can know, with certainty, what we should do and where we should be going. It’s called the will of God.
God has a will and a purpose for creating us. When we trust in God’s will for us, we release the responsibility for our life’s journey over to Him. In fact, that’s what He wants us to do, give Him complete control and to release the responsibility to Him. Proverbs 3:5-6 says “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not to your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths”. What an assurance that we can trust God for our life’s journey and everything that comes our way along the way.
Truth be told, much of our resistance to surrendering to God’s directions is that we have this unrelenting desire to know everything – we want every detail concerning our journey. My wife often calls me “KIA” (short for Mr. Know It All) God in His wisdom only allows us to see only so far and only so much. Usually, He only shows us point A to point B and that’s it. That drives us “KIA’s” crazy! We must trust God for the things we cannot see. We have to trust by faith the all of the intermediate journeys are a part of a His larger plan. We must be certain that all things do indeed work together for the good of those who trust God to direct their paths.
How do we trust God’s direction?
1. Let go of the control. God can’t guides as long we’re still fighting Him for control of our lives.
2. Seek His Will by His Word. Start making reading and studying of God’s word a priority and not just a past time.
3. Talk to Him Unceasingly. Prayer is the connection between what you know to do and the wisdom of when to do it.
4. Don’t Be Bothered by the Bumps. You don’t return home while headed to work because you hit a pothole do you? Trust God even through the bumps along the way.
5. Stay Connected to Like Minds. God directs us individually but He also directs us corporately. Associate with Godly people who are going in the same direction as you are. It’s called Church and it is the place where we strengthen and encourage one another.
Through the storms and the rains God gets these birds to their destination with no road maps or GPS. However weary and exhausted they may be, they make it to their destination. If He’ll do that for the Pacific Golden Plovers, certainly He’ll do that for you! Trust His directions!
May 08, 2018
May 08, 2018
April 28, 2018